Friday 16 October 2020

Blog Challenge - anniversary card


I have just unpacked all my wood backed stamps out of storage and had a happy time putting them into their new unit!  It was very nostalgic, so I am playing along with Retro Rubber this week, they have a tic tac toe challenge, as below:


I have chosen the bottom row - pearls, patterned paper and embossing.  The dolphin stamp has a date of 2002 on the label and the sentiment from Stamping all Day has been in my collection for a few years now, though it is still available here, along with many other very useful text stamps.
I stamped / heat embossed both images in white and then shmooshed in a mixture of DiOx inks - Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Mowed Lawn.  Then I fussy cut the dolphins and trimmed the sentiment into a banner.  The mat was die-cut (Julie Hickey) and the patterned paper placed on top, then the image and sentiment were attached with foam tape.  Two pearls at each end of the banner finished it off nicely.
It's been ages since I did any resist embossing, really must try some more :-)

keyword RRCB145




 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely retro stamps -great to see them at play. The resist embossing you've used is fabulous and really makes the dolphins look at play. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber and I look forward to seeing more of your retro treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great embossing!! I love it, the colours are so pretty. A really lovely anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see how all the layers and colors work together. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us for Tic Tac Toe at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty image and beautiful color! So happy you gave your older stamps some love! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete