Tuesday, 4 August 2020

Get Well card - blog challenges x 2



I am sharing this with two challenges today - Retro Rubber and Cardz 4 Guyz.  RR has a tic tac toe as below and I have chosen Blue, Rectangles and Patterned Paper.  C4G would like a masculine get well card.

RRCB 140
Add caption

The cogs frame die is cut from patterned paper and is from Sue Wilson.  It has a central rectangle for the sentiment from Visible Image, which is around 4 or 5 years old, and I stamped/heat embossed it in silver.  The two mats are rectangles and the light blue is also patterned paper :-)  I have picked up the silver of the sentiment by making a silver frames using peel off sticker lines.
RR keyword: RRCB140

Friday, 24 July 2020

Steampunk clock



For Day 90 of the 100 day challenge, I decorated a clock dial with gilding flakes, noting that it would at some point become an actual clock.  And here it is!
The mdf base was made by my youngest son at school in Year 8, sixteen years ago .... now I have finally got around to using it :-)
The background paper is from the Stamperia collection 'Cosmos'.  I cut panels for the front and sides, having painted around the edges of the mdf in bronze.  These were sealed with Mod Podge and allowed to dry before adhering to the clock with wet glue, so that they wouldn't bubble up under the subsequent varnish.
I then die-cut the gear corners for the front and decorative panels for the sides, dies by Memory Box and Marianne respectively.  The metal cogs/gears in both antique copper and gunmetal finishes were from stash and adhered with Cosmic Shimmer glue, which I have found to be excellent for sticking down metal.
The clock mechanism was inserted (and tested!) so that the dial could be placed accurately.  The dial is a little too big for the base, so I attached tiny feet (originally sold as dolls house furniture knobs) to increase the height just a bit.  Then the dial and hands were attached.
I felt it needed a little more and stuck a row of pearls to the top edge and some more around the cogs/gears at the front and sides.
It will now have pride of place on my mantelpiece :-)
I am sharing this with Sandee & Amelie's Steampunk challenges Summer Special and with the CraftWorld Steampunk Inspired challenge


Cross Stitch update


I had a little break after finishing the 100 days ... :-) But here is the latest update! Yet another shade of pale beige on the beard!! Half of that done, also some more red on the hat.  I have now rolled it right down the frame in order to do the upper wreath and ribbon, after they are done it will roll back up to finish the jacket trim.

Wednesday, 15 July 2020

Day 100: Scrapbook layout


I have made it to the end of the 100 Day challenge!! At the start I didn't think I would be able to keep it up, so I am well pleased :-)  I have started and finished projects, made huge progress on UFO's and used stash I had never used before!
Today I have a scrapbook page to share.  The main paper is from Stamperia and the central panel is made from two sheets from a 6" paper pad (acid free, I did check!) from The Works.  The reverse of the 6" papers handily had journalling lines, so I used the trimmings to form the journalling bases.
The arrow circle and title were cut on the Silhouette.
There is also some stamping on this page, although the paper has quite a lot of grunginess, I just had to add a few more splats and drops!

Tuesday, 14 July 2020

Day 99: Thank you card



I am sharing this with NBUS, as it is a brand new stamp set (from SU), which arrived today!  Never has a stamp seen ink so quickly!
The background is done with Distress oxides in Dried Marigold and the new Speckled Egg, both were shmooshed over the panel and over stamped with splotches in both colours.  Then I used Memento black to stamp the SU Queen Anne's Lace and sentiment from the same set.  I didn't want to cut a mat (!) so the panel was then edged in the black ink and affixed to a white blank, I am very happy with this one :-)
See you tomorrow, for Day 100!

Day 98: Cross stitch update



Two more shades of green completed on the right wreath upper middle section and a good amount of white on the jacket trim.
This is the last update during the 100 day challenge, I am amazed by how much I have been able to do, it will actually be finished by this Christmas, with any luck! 
See you tomorrow!

Day 97: Wall Art - blog challenge



My first make with yesterday's backgrounds!  This is a piece of wall art, using a DaliArt butterfly and an old sentiment, which may be Hot off the Press, but I won't swear to it :-)
The background of the die-cut panel (Crealies deckled square) is some smooshed DiOx in Speckled Egg, Shaded Lilac and Cracked Pistachio.  I stamped the butterfly in Versaclair Morning Mist and then very quickly sprinkled clear embossing powder over it, then cut a mask so I could spray over the top.   The sentiment is just stamped, no embossing.
It will go into a black frame, as below, but it's hard to photograph without reflections!


I am sharing this Butterfly with Allsorts challenge blog, who would like something beginning with B.

See you tomorrow!