Friday 5 March 2021

Birthday card - blog challenge - 100 days

 




I do like a tic-tac-toe challenge!  I am sharing this with Retro Rubber challenge 153 and am using the line:  Birthday - The Ocean - Blue
The background is done with DiOx inks and an attempt at the salt crystal technique ... which looks OK, but probably would have worked better with the original DI's :-) 
The shells stamp is from Stampendous, one of the wood-backed ones I recently unpacked after our move, it's dated 2001.  I stamped directly onto the background in Versafine Clair Medieval Blue.
I had the narrow frame in my box of die-cuts and it happened to fit the image perfectly!  Love it when that happens :-)  I stamped the sentiment and punched out with an SU punch.

See all my other Instagram 100 days challenge posts: https://www.instagram.com/craft.cook.repeat/


2 comments:

  1. I love it too, when something in the bits bin turns out to be just what you need. Love this gorgeous ocean card. The salt crystals seem to have worked a treat - that's a lovely texture. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when the 'bits box' turns out something useful! LOVE the shell stamp against that wonderful background. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete