Tuesday 23 June 2020

Day 75: Anniversary card



DH suddenly (and casually!) announced that our friends' wedding anniversary is coming up.  Those of you who have seen my previous blog will know that this is a recurring situation...... :-)
I had no anniversary cards in my box!!!  So I rummaged in the 'partially made' collection and found this base - an overlay die on a shmooshed ink background.  I punched out the scalloped circle and went through some stamps, found this swirly heart from Deep Red, which I had never used.  It fit the circle perfectly, so I added the sentiment from Stamping all Day and heat embossed in two shades of blue.  The darker blue hasn't come out so well, but it can pass as being a bit grungy, so that's ok!  I plan to make up several of these in different colours, now that I have found such a useful stamp, I really don't know why it has never seen ink!!  I actually have half a dozen or so stamps from this brand and had only used one previously, so will be having a play with the others too.
I am sharing this with NBUS challenge blog  
See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Way to jump into action, Wendy, and make use of both your bits box and the new stamp to make this beautiful anniversary card! All the pieces came together perfectly and I love the sky blue with white! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete