Friday 26 June 2020

Day 81: Shaped Christmas card - blog challenges


I am joining three challenges today - A Place to Start and Jingle Belles both of whom are asking for a shaped card, JB also being a Christmas card blog - also Christmas Card Throwdown who would like some snowflakes featured.
I started by cutting a card blank using Nesties Label 28, then cut another panel for the topper.  I already had an inked piece of card, so used the next sized die down, to create the mat.  The base of the easel card ie the half without the fold in, was run through a dotty embossing folder - I find that most Nesties have too big a border to just leave blank and embossing is an ideal filler.  Then I embossed the top panel and attached the mat to it, then attached to the folded hinge side of the card.
The snowflakes and sentiment are from an SU stamp set 'Flurry of Wishes', I heat embossed in silver and cut out using their matching punch.  The sentiment was done with a washi tape punch and forms the stopper for the easel.  Both snowflakes and sentiment are attached with 2mm foam for dimension.
I am pleased with this one, though it did take me ages to get three decently stamped/embossed snowflakes!
See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. What a fab card - I STILL haven't even looked a Christmas stamps yet ! have a lovely weekend. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun shape and fold ... I love the soft colors ... so very glad you got in SHAPE with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. i like its slightly different shape. thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! this is amazingly beautiful and the perfect use of those nesties (also... i have mentally taken note of the tip to emboss the next sized label up bc yes, that large plain border usually bugs me too! you are a genius!) thank you for shaping up with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete