Thursday 9 April 2020

Day 3: Pastel butterfly card

I love making backgrounds, a while ago I made several by using embossing folders to create a panel, then shmooshing over with Distress inks. Trouble is, once I have made a background I then can't decide which bits of it to cover up, so these have been hanging round for quite some time.  In fact it's so long ago I can't remember whether I used original DI's or the oxides..... LOL.  So they are a perfect candidate for #100dayproject2020
Here is the first.


The panel is inked with shades of pink, green and purple. I am also trying to use dies and stamps which I haven't previously used, so this frame with trellis insert die is (I think) a Marianne die.  Quite hard to cut, I had to resort to two shims.  The flowers are an old Sue Wilson stamp/die set, Perfect Peony.  Both are several years old, in fact I think the Marianne one was one of my early purchases, so 8 or 9 years old?  The flowers must be around 5.
The butterfly is from an old Stampin' Up stamp/punch bundle, the sentiment tag is also an SU punch.  The pearl border is from Tattered Lace which I am definitely going to use more often now I have rediscovered it!
I have also decided to try participating in blog challenges during the 100 days (and beyond!) so I am sharing this with the NBUS challenge 13 as it has items not used before, the framed trellis die and the flower/stamps dies.
See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Wendy - just love the lacy label atop your embossed background - such an elegant look!! Well worth the extra work to cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous birthday card, Wendy! Your choice of colors works so beautifully for spring and I love the elegance of the embossing and die cuts! Take care, stay safe, and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete