Tuesday 7 April 2020

I haven't blogged for a while.  But then I found the 100 day project challenge on Instagram and decided to join in, starting today April 7th.  So to celebrate a new start, a new blog!



Today's project is a decorated small wooden box, originally bought from The Works before last Christmas.  It's been on the go for a few weeks, but I intend to use the 100 days to finish stuff off!



I removed the hinges and clasp, primed the box with white acrylic primer, then over-painted with bronze shimmer as I wanted this colour to be the 'cracks' under the top coat.  I use Paperartsy crackle glaze, which goes over the base coat but under the top coat, different brands vary as to when they are applied.  Then I applied a top coat of Decoart buttermilk and the crackles appeared as if by magic! A satin varnish went over the the whole box and then I added the metal trim - cut using a Tattered Lace pearl border die - and a brass ornament from stash.
Putting the hinges back on was a bit of fun and games, the screws are so tiny and very fiddly!
I am very guilty of buying stuff and putting away without using it ... then rediscovering it months later!  So this 100 day challenge will give me an opportunity to rectify that with Out of the Drawer projects and to stash bust at the same time :-)
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment